Some information running Grapevine on a 32 bit windows 10 machine.
Just getting a command prompt to function the way we need in 32bit windows 10 takes effort.
- The NTVDM program is disabled by default in 32bit windows 10
- It has to be enabled in CONTROL PANEL --> PROGRAMS and FEATURES --> Turn Windows features on or off --> Legacy Components --> NTVDM
- UAC has to be turned off,
- At least some of the time it isn't enough to turn the UAC Slider in Control Panel down to its lowest position and restart.
- May have to go into RegEdit to turn off UAC
- and either change the 32-bit DWORD value 'EnableLUA' to 0
- or add a 32-bit DWORD value called 'EnableLUA' and set it to 0
- (if that value doesn't already exist)
- and RESTART THE COMPUTER
- Here's one we hadn't seen prior to today.
- You also have to open up a command prompt
- right click on the title bar
- select properties
- and check the box that says 'Use Legacy Console (requires relaunch)
- and relaunch the command/cmd window